Wednesday 9 April 2014

Words in Motion 2014- Feature Poem of the Day for National Poetry Month

Storm

As I run up the rocks getting away from thunder, I stop. 
I look at the trees. They are crying sap. 
I hike up more, looking down at the plateau. 
As I jump in I remember that water is an ally of lightning. 
As I swim out the fish start wailing. They want to play.  
As I walk up the mountain I hear thunder and lightning. They are near.  
When I get to the top of the mountain a burst of heat hits me.  
The storm has ended.
Thank you sun.

Kolby Ip
Grade 5
Timberlea Public School



Colours

Red is for roses and blue is for the sky.
White is for sparkling snow or a cloud sailing by.
Silver is for the rain with the sun shining through.
Yellow is for butter and buttercups too.
Black is for blackbirds and gold for their bills.
Green is for leaves and for meadows and hills.
Grey is for night with no colours.
Morning is for all of them shining again.

Manorma Joshi
Grade 4
Timberlea Public School

No comments:

Post a Comment