Saturday 12 April 2014

Words in Motion 2014- Feature Poem of the Day for National Poetry Month


Raging Rocket Science

Rocket;
Like a bullet soaring!
A giant machine;
Raging through the
skies!
The sun sets
over the horizon,
Wind screams at me
as I soar through
the air.
The sky screeching in
pain.
I got messages
from the screech;
The final frontier!
WHOOSH,
WHOOSH!

Evan Pollett
Grade 6
St. Martha School


Earth Eagle Everywhere

I see tree tops trailing behind me
I also see fishes in the water in the clear ocean

Flying through the sky and
keeping safety of my flight

The air is moving fast on my feathers,
Whoosh
Bullets shooting my way
escaping hunters,
dodging the shots.
Winds in my way are slamming doors

I need skills and bravery.

Ikemba Akamadu
Grade 6
St. Martha School

No comments:

Post a Comment