Friday 6 May 2011

Status of the Artist in Canada
















I was looking into Art and Cultural conferences taking place in Canada and in my research I came across an amazing site - Canadian Conference of the Arts. This site isn't focused on conferences but rather it's mission is provide a "national forum for the arts and cultural community in Canada. It provides research, analysis and consultations on public policies affecting the arts and the Canadian cultural institutions and industries. The CCA fosters informed public debate on policy issues and seeks to advance the cultural rights of Canadians." To learn more about this amazing site click here. Or check it out under the National Resource list on the right side of the blog.

As I looked through the site I found the resource tab. Here they had listed some wonderful articles and reports.

Here is a link to one that I think will interest local artists, its titled 'Status of the Artist in Canada'. Take a look at it and let me know what you think!

Cheers,

Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment